Sunday, October 16, 2011

Page 193 #4 and #5

#4)  We started off thinking that we would create an education program for grades K - 6.  The SME (subject material expert) wanted to educate her students on the choices that they make when choosing their snacks at the school.  After further talks, it was decided that the younger students would not benefit as much from a program presented on the computer.  The students in grades K-3 would be intellectually capable of differentiating the choices available to them in our program.  Also, a trickle down effect might take place if our program manages to make changes in the choices of snacks with the older students, which could effect the choices of the younger students. 

#5)  I presented my project proposal to the client.  She was concerned if the students would be able to understand the nutritional definitions presented in the program.  I tweaked the standard definitions of many of the terms so that a 8 - 12 year old would understand.  I feel our initial meeting went very well, as I understood her main goal of educating the student on the choices of snacks in the school setting.  I think that if I had researched more on the elementary school snack nutrition I could have presented more information to my client.  Overall, the initial meeting went well, but with further research and planning, it will create an environment of more trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment